Will there be a come-from-behind victory in the Premier League this season?

Arsenal drew 2-2 in the 30th round of the 2022/23 season Premier League held at Anfield in Liverpool, England on the 10th (Korean time).

Arsenal took the lead with Gabriel Martinelli’s opening goal in the 8th minute of the first half, but took a two-goal lead in the 28th minute with Gabriel Jesus’ additional header.

However, in the 42nd minute of the first half, Mohamed Salah conceded a comeback goal, and in the 41st minute of the second half, Roberto Firmino’s equalizer was not blocked, and the chance to take the three points was lost.메이저사이트

Manchester City, second in the league, smiled after hearing the news of Arsenal’s draw while Arsenal eventually took only one point by allowing a tie before the end of the game. 

Arsenal leads the league with 73 points (23 wins, 4 draws and 3 losses) in 30 matches, followed closely by Man City, who recorded 67 points (21 wins, 4 draws and 4 losses) in 29 matches.

If Arsenal had won 3 points against Liverpool, they could have widened the gap with Man City to 8 points, but they missed the opportunity to widen the gap by conceding a tie at the end of the game.

Also, Man City has yet to play one game less, so if Man City adds 3 points in the 30th round of the league, the victory point gap will be narrowed to just 3 points.

In addition, at 4:00 am on the 27th, there remains one match between the two teams at Man City home.

Arsenal, which has maintained its lead in the league since the beginning of this season, but as Man City is terribly chasing after accumulating points one by one, some have mentioned the possibility of Man City’s come-from-behind victory.

After the Arsenal-Liverpool match, data analysis company ‘Five Thirty Eight’ raised Manchester City’s chance of winning the Premier League to 58%. On the other hand, the chance of winning the league leader Arsenal has dropped to 42%.

Arsenal, who have not won the league since winning the 2003/04 season undefeated, are aiming for the top spot in the Premier League for the first time in 19 years.

As the observation that last season’s champion Man City may win the come-from-behind championship is getting stronger, attention is focusing on whether Arsenal can keep the top spot until the end of the season.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *